PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2010, 14:17
ivor toolbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am missing something? This is just the same flights under a different carrier label!
This is how bad things have got at CWL when we regard this as good news!
Same old smoke and mirrors news..things ARE bad at CWL..the lack of traffic (not destinations per se, as there are lots of destinations available via AMS) is plain to see.They might as well switch off the apron lights at weekends and save money on the electric bills.It would certainly appeal to those of us living nearby that suffer the continual glare of those lights 7 days a week.

I find the airport response is laughable,especially from someone titled
'head of air service development'

Spencer Birns, head of air service development at Cardiff Airport commented, ........."The USA connections and ease associated with clearing immigration in Dublin will appeal to business and leisure travellers and gives the market another way of reaching Orlando from Cardiff. We estimate travellers will save 5 hours on journey time using this service from Cardiff Airport rather than travelling down the M4 to fly from London.
"We urge the Welsh market to take advantage of the potential time and cost savings of travelling from Cardiff to Ireland and the USA."
Just what makes him think business travellers want to go solely to Orlando??
If they got their fingers out and really marketed CWL as a long-haul capable airport,they'd realise there's more than only Orlando in USA.

Oh I forgot, they sacked a shed load of firefighters so now they can't take
long haul widebodies except at Capt's discretion due to lack of
capability, so that'll never happen will it???

My next business trip stateside,I'll still be going out via Ams, because
Aer Arann (aka Aer Lingus Regional) ATR's are not reliable enough.

ttfn