PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truth about being a pilot
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2010, 12:34
gone till november

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-SXTY

[QUOTE]After nearly fifteen years in a previous career, I’m coming up for two years in the RHS of a turboprop, and still as happy as a dog with two willies/QUOTE]

Happy as a dog with two willies.......didn't 'arf make me laugh.

Sleepyrascal

Its obvious that you are doing the right thing and asking what its all about. And has become common on this rapidly descending website it attracts way more Naysayers than the rest of us who are genuienly happy in the job. In fact i wont call it the job but being paid for what i love.

Ohh im flying an Airbus or Boeing and im not happy with everything else that comes with the job.

No matter what you do be it a dustman doctor or priest every job has its downside. The real pilots are those who can even when a huge sh1t sandwich is dealt your way you can at least find one thing positive about it.

I did EDI to LCY for two and a half years twice a day and do you know what i loved every minute of it. Yes somedays were harder than others and some of the crew were people you would give the steam of your turds to if they were cold.....but i still loved the job.

The views the challenges the quick turn arounds the wx the cabin crew etc etc etc all added to a tireing but satisfying day......ON ONE ROUTE.

I now work for Netjets and thats another whole world of flying and after 7 years of flying commercially plus 3 years of instructing i still love this game and still look forward to getting up and going to fly.

Problem is in my mind is that too many people want too much from flying and arent just happy with the views the sights the sounds the feelings etc etc etc that you believed were there when you were dreaming about being a pilot. In my small mind its there and a whole lot more and my glass is always half full.

GO FOR IT and enjoy it for what it is and not what you may think it is and ignore the crap that does come with the job but its all about how you approach it.....hope that makes sense.