PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Aircraft Engineer
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2010, 11:02
grababadger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At what point did I say the kid with a degree goes straight to B1 status? like the doctor, lawyer they do the minimum time- post education. In our case the minimum is 2 years! I have failed to meet anyone that has done it in 2 years, the average is 3-4 years thats after doing 2 years at a 147.

Remembering that this is for the raw B1 without any types. Add on another 6months to a year gaining type experience plus being approved by your company quality. Roughly 5-6 years in total, thats on par with a doctor is it not? Also a 147 training school doesnt qualify a degree? the 'foundation' degree is done alongside the modules, however both elements are completely different and seperate exams are carried out.

In my opinion both the apprentice and the 147 school are equally as demanding. Anyone willing should take there concerns up with the CAA/EASA-ranting on here wont win your argument.

Remember this too, the modules are not a direct replacement for experience. What they do offer is proof that an individual can read, write, interpret information and use their brain. Something required to start you off as a potential aircraft engineer.