PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU OPS/ LVTO 150 RVR requirements
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2010, 09:09
big d1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kirks gusset

1) Surely if the MP RVR is not available, even if the TDZ and StopEnd are available (multiple RVR), sub note 4 says that 150m must be achieved at all the relevant RVR reporting points. Therefore for the aircraft I fly this is the TDZ and MP. Therefore even if you have got 150m at the StopEnd and TDZ I have not achieved the required RVR at the relevant reporting points (no MP), therefore I cannot do a 150m t/o.

2) I agree with what you have stated but say for example you were give TDZ 120m and MP 125m. Even if you had the 90m visual segment AND you could see 125m+ worth of centre line lights you still can't t/o because you have been given a TDZ RVR of 120m and this can't be replaced with pilot assessment for a 125m t/o (but can be for all other t/o's i.e sub note 3 in the table) I see from the table you have shown in your post which I am guessing is from your OPS manual says that any TDZ value can be replaced with pilot assessment, I am just not sure if it can be done for a 125m RVR t/o. The rest I agree can be replaced with pilot assessment.

3) I know that you can not factor met vis to RVR for low vis t/o, I was meaning a regular met vis value given when for example the RVR equipment is u/s. Am I correct in that you can use met vis values down to a minimum of 200m vis/RVR t/o? For 150m and 125m t/o you can only use RVR values.