PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU OPS/ LVTO 150 RVR requirements
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2010, 20:05
big d1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kirks gusset. You said that " If the mid point is not available, the minimum increases to 150m in all sectors"

My understanding is that if you do not have a MP RVR reading then the minimum vis/RVR for t/o is 200m since to be able to do a 125m or 150m RVR t/o (Cat A-C aircraft) you need multiple RVR and all the relevant RVR reporting points giving at least the above values. Do you have a ref. for your above statement?

Also my understanding is that to be able to carry out a 125m RVR t/o (Cat A-C aircraft) you need BOTH the 90m visual segment and a TDZ RVR of 125m? The way I have understood EU-OPS is that you cannot replace the TDZ value for a 125m RVR t/o with pilot assessment as the information for a 125m t/o does not include a sub note saying otherwise compared to the table in appendix 1 OPS 1.430 containing other value t/o which does include a sub note saying that the initial part can be replaced with pilot assessment.

Just as a side note. Am I correct in saying that down to 200m you can use either RVR or met vis values (e.g RVR read outs not available) for t/o but for 150m and 125m t/o you can only use RVR values?