PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar still has its (many) problems
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2010, 19:32
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
waren9.....

I agree and it is just another form of insurance....

You wouldn't drive a car..or at least a decent car without insurance so why would you not have the same when you travel.Even on a full fare ticket I have travel insurance just for the unexpected things that can happen...

Although a few years ago when Mrs Lobe and I were travelling on a Lufthansa staff ticket and the aircraft was grounded halfway home with a problem with the hydraulics...

I was very impressed by the way that the cabin crew and tech crew walked around telling the pax that there would be a delay of approx 24 hours and that accommodation and food would be arranged...poor communications are the cause of most problems especially when dealing with the public.

When they got to my wife and myself I said that we were not only staff but staff with another airline...I fully expected to have to fend for ourselves.

The Lufthansa crew then said that it was their fault and not ours so we were going to be treated no different than any other pax...

I wonder if it would have been the case with our airline ....

As a matter of fact I have been a J* flight out of Sydney on a full fare ticket and we returned to Sydney because of weather at the destination....which is another story but...

When back in Sydney I asked the J* rep for a refund she initially refused because I had been on the ticketed J* flight and it had not been cancelled....

Then I pointed out that the flight did not arrive at the destination and diverted back to Sydney through no fault of mine she eventually relented....So I can understand the problems others face....

The answer is not to fly with a LCC I guess but what happens if the parent airline has reduced flights or even replaced fights to a certain destination and you do not have any other choice....

Last edited by lowerlobe; 27th Jan 2010 at 20:46. Reason: grammar