PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maximum age for cadet program Ryanair/Easyjet
Old 27th Jan 2010, 15:57
checkxp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't exactly call it a revolution, but they have brought lower FARES.

I really insist on the word FARE, because they also brought high bag prices, low bag allowance, stupid fees (check-in), credit card... it's like well you can fly for very cheap with us, but unfortunately you have to pay extra to be able to actually buy your ticket, and you have to pay extra to actually be able to fly, since you have to check-in as well.

The result is, other airlines can't really compete so they do similar schemes... ok up to then, but then ryanair realises they are as cheap/expensive then others, so they do it again, lower bag allowance, increase the check-in fees, increase the bag fees, just to get lower FARES.... !!! FARES are illusion of a cheap price. If you add all their **** things, you're better off flying BA, as you even save on the travel to the remote ryanair airport.

It's time to wake up people!!! Don't fly Ryanair if you need to bring your bag. ONLY fly with them if you've got a prepaid MasterCard, and plan on having no bags. Then it's worth it.

I would say though that they're a bloody good airline in terms of Aircraft. I wouldn't mind working for them, they've got a brand new fleet, and don't pay too badly. O'Reilly is just the little **** in all this, cuz he's driving people mad, very slowly and carefully to cut corners everywhere, whilst people aren't seeing it! What's the result, by the time we see it it's too late, it took over an entire route, drove other carriers bust, or made them do the same thing with their extra cost. NOT GOOD. I think we need a choice. When I need to fly with bags, I'll fly someone else, if they still exist!