PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocontrol Testing and Interviews
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2010, 13:33
davidgkovacs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SO... For those, who are waiting for the test now...
This is really hard, serious, NOT FUN and you cannot prepare for the test that much. You can prepare for the Cubetest and the Coordinate system test, but for the others... No way. And the other problem is STRESS. I'm not that nervous type, so I was pretty calm and exited at the same time, but they make you stressed, it's for sure.
It's all about the time. You have to make decisions in a few seconds, because you won't have time to get throgh the whole exercise. It keeps your mind harassed. You do things, what you normally do not, sometimes, you cannot coordinate your fingers and you push the wrong button, sometimes you're just not able to do anything because your brain is overloaded. The English part is also hard, harder than I expected for. It's not just about your comprehension, it's also for checking your short term memory.
The afternoon stage is also hard. You have to learn the exercise in 1,5hrs, which seems to much, but finally you have just a few minutes to go back and repeat the more complicated tasks.
Then you have a big excel in front of you with tonnes of data, you receive the audio messages constantly, so you cannot search for conflicts and pay attention for the other 3-4tasks.
The entire day is just depressing, and your brian is just sucked out at the end.
BUT!
It's a very useful experience, even if you didn't pass. This test is just professional, it's made by the best psychologists, and controllers, and it's really to see if you are able to do the job or not (on the basic skill level). If you are not, then accept it. You probably could have much more complicated and stressful situations during the job. And that's not a computer game.
Anyways, I'm not in Phase 2 yet, they will invite 18 people at all, so I have a good chance to NOT get in.
Good luck to you guys, hope to see you in Maastricht sometime!