PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Male passenger sues BA
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2010, 13:23
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Crikey about 20 years ago I was travelling from London to Cheltenham on a morning train to meet a few people for a "chat" and got on the train at Paddington. A woman appeared with a 7 year old who was travelling on her own to Bristol and put her in the seat across from me and asked would I keep an eye on here until station I was leaving at.

I chatted to the young lady during the trip as far as Bath and think bought her a hot chocolate from the trolly, she had the money but as I was buying a coffee anyway I did it plus a biscuit. I had a pleasant train journey with a very polite young lady

10-12 years ago was in central london and lots of train disruption and a 10 year old on way to her grandparents from Norwich to Bournemouth at station and the trains weren't running. She asking for help very upset and no idea and everybody not helping, asked what was the problem and used my mobile to call her grandparents and let them know trains were kaput, suggested that if they could get to Guildford which was miles away from where I needed to be then would stay with her at station until they arrived. They duly arrived and GC was picked up, a nice call received from her parents a week later saying thanks.

Reality is kindness of a complete stranger is more likely to happen than anything else but PC brigade want to terrorise everyone. A child is more at risk at home than anywhere else.