PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 27th Jan 2010, 10:30
IYCSWICSWICW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed. IMHO, bassa are being isolated like never before. The youtube video is very weak and uses emotion not fact to peddle a very poor message. They continue to nail their own coffin lid with stuff like this.

That all said, my concern is this. bassa has painted itself into a corner, and with that will come, eventually, their final play. Striking will not work, so they will be dreaming up their end game. As bassa are not under total control of UNITE, regardless of UNITE top brass advice, they might do something very stupid/daft as their last roll of the dice - what that might be, I have no idea, but it concerns me. One course of action would be to admit they were wrong to pursue such an idiotic course of action during the worst recession since records began.

Miss Lizanne Malone is, as I understand it, still being trumpeted as the last bastion of democracy as she stands firm against the BA LT. Hats off to her for an ability to withdraw into a bunker to conduct business - whilst outside, in the day-to-day survival effort, a real sense of collective purpose from across the BA workforce is being fostered -a purpose that will go a hell of a long way to help breathe new life into cross-profression relationships.... all, I repeat, IMHO of course.

GF

Last edited by IYCSWICSWICW; 27th Jan 2010 at 11:02.