PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maximum age for cadet program Ryanair/Easyjet
Old 27th Jan 2010, 10:19
EI-CON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smith,

Your comment makes me laugh. You remind me of two Ryanair bashers who went to my flight school, later I found out they had both failed Ryanair interviews.

Ryanair has revolutionised this industry. They brough low cost travel to the masses in Europe and it was because of there influence that many many other airlines started up trying to copy there low cost model which in turn let to lots and lots of jobs in the good times. I know many pilots flying for Emirates, Ethiad, Aer Lingus, private jets etc who all got there start with Ryanair. Ryanair kick started there careersand they will tell you this.

Maybe you should read MOL's book especially the bit where pilots praise Ryanair. Before Ryanair the only flying jobs in Ireland were Aer Lingus, which was largly based on who you know not what you know, and Iona. No offence to Iona they were a great company but if its an airline job your after...........

Example, 4 years ago two friends of mine were newly qualified. One guy went to FR the other went instructing and eventually joined RE. 4 years on the FR guy is in the left seat, the RE guys is sitting at home on the dole. Both of them trained modular. The FR guy is now debt free the RE guy is far from it. Which one would you rather be????????