PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 27th Jan 2010, 10:15
mdj01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From a 'punter'!

I have been following this forum for some time now, and have sometimes felt the urge to respond to some of the posts, but resisted. However, the tone of A Lurker's posts last night have pushed me over the edge! I note that they have now been removed, so some sane person obviously agreed that they were not suitable for a public forum.
I am not crew and therefore expect to have the 'usual' backlash from Lurker and his ilk, but my interest is threefold - as ex-BA staff who still has feelings of loyalty and affiliation to BA, as the spouse of current BA staff - whose livelihood is at risk from this potential strike - and as a paying business customer through my current employment. I was horrified at the tone of Lurker's posts, at his complete disregard for his fellow BA colleagues, and his disdain for the paying customers. Does he not realise how objectionable he sounds, and how disgusted some of those paying customers may feel by the total disdain some crew apparently feel for them.
I find it somewhat ironic when crew complain that they are not respected - does this kind of mindless vitriol command respect? In the real world, respect has to be earned. I suggest that Lurker et al come out of their bubble and get into the real world. You ARE putting other peoples jobs and livelihoods at risk with this crazy action. It really does feel 'back to the 70s' with the hard line attitude of BASSA.
I do hope that some of your posters are correct, and that BA does come through this without terminal damage.
I only hope that the customers who are leaving for other airlines with the attitude ABBA (and I personally know a number) decide to return.
Good luck to all those sane crew, and I am sure there are many, who have the courage to stand up to this destructive bunch.