PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 27th Jan 2010, 07:49
davecr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: HeavyHeavy's post above

Ignorance is no excuse.. IMO.

Having said that, it is worrying that their only real choice in representation is the lying bunch at the top of UNITE/BASSA...

You should see their forum whenever people question the ballot.. "READ THE FACTS, ONLY 200ish VOLUNTEERS!", "THE ONLY PEOPLE TO TRUST AND LISTEN TO IS BASSA!!!".. Really, do they question anything? There are thousands of volunteers and Unite knows it.

While I feel sorry for the thousands of misrepresented cabin crew within our company, I do have to wonder why so few take the time to investigate claims and statements made by their union, especially since they're always made in such emotional fashion, and usually without much background information. I have a feeling they will be kicking themselves in a few months for not being a tiny bit more openminded about who's distorting the truth.. Then again, they will probably just blame management, and believe it would have been even worse if BASSA wasn't there to protect them.....

Let's hope for better times, and less lying, once the PCCC steps in. Hopefully sooner than later!