PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cash Out Now!!
Thread: Cash Out Now!!
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2010, 05:17
luvmuhud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
monster330.......Good points, well raised. Of course, the central tenet of socionomics is that the masses 'herd', so it's pretty pointless offering contrarian advice for the masses to 'heed'.....it is 'oxymoronic' (not sure if that is actually an adjective!)

mngmtmole.......I don't share your optimism on the future of the US. I remember reading Morris Berman's "Twighlight Of American Culture" about 6 or 7 years ago. The author points out the mounting evidence of the non-reversable decline in the US as a superpower/empire, and his prophesies are becoming reality. He believes the US will be a police state by 2030ish, and a third world country by ~2070. The evidence for this terminal decline is wide and varied; most recently, Standard and Poors have estimated US Treasury Debt will fall from AAA+ to speculative grade by 2030, and with a deficit of trillions each year, it's not hard to believe this will become a reality. On the social front, Berman points out the enourmous scale of social decay resulting from all the typical trappings....the drug trade, crime, lowering of educational standards, consumerism, debt laden households etc etc etc. Unfortunately, the rest of the US's allies are following closely behind, so I guess we may all go down together!

Your optimism puts you in good company though.......even Warren Buffett believes America's best years are ahead!

lmh

Last edited by luvmuhud; 27th Jan 2010 at 09:28.