PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abysmal Journalism concerning Aviation
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2010, 03:47
Atlas Shrugged

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Journalists annoy me.

When are they ever going to learn - YOU ARE NOT THE STORY!!!

Journalists are parasites. From war correspondents or editors, they live off the doings and misdoings of others. We do, they tell. Without us, there are no stories and nothing for them to live on.

Just for the record the definition of "parasite" in the Oxford Dictionary is "a person who lives at the expense of another person or of society in general."

Journalists piggyback on the courage or failings of others.

A very small few may have talent, but most have big egos. They think of themselves as the heroes of their stories, as the courageous fighters for truth, as the saviours of the nation and all humanity. Faaark me!

Have a think about Watergate, when two reporters brought down a presidency and were rewarded by successive bestsellers and a film in which two real-life nought-heads were played by Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman. Journalism boomed and began to be written for other journalists and for prizes, not for what it should have been written for. It was thought of as "the" career for the allegedly well-educated, well-connected young voyeur who didn't want any responsibility (just a byline, thanks - I really don't want to get my hands dirty, I just want to make fun of the young soldiers or cops who get theirs dirty every day)

Have a think of some journalists who've reported from Iraq. The faces in those talking-tools on the tele leap to mind. We can all remember who the reporters are.

Have a think now, of one decorated hero from Iraq. Just one. Out of the Congressional Medal of Honour winners, or from among those awarded the Distinguished Service Cross, or out of the hundreds whose courage earned them a Silver Star or a Bronze Star with V-Device.

If you can't think of a single hero, can you at least picture one face?

What you do remember is the smarter-than-thou mugs of the journalists posing in helmets and flak jackets behind the cafeteria in the Green Zone. Pathetic soft-cocks! Let's make fun of that.

I can't for the life of me remember why I bothered typing this - it's 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back and wasted it on a bunch of pathetic Journos.

[/RANT]