PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First images of NZ's new product!
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2010, 02:37
Route Guide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[I]NEW INTERIOR A GAME-CHANGER, SAYS BOEING

SEATTLE, January 26, 2010 -- Boeing today congratulated Air New Zealand on being awarded Airline of the Year by Air Transport World, noting the carrier’s new inflight product is truly game-changing.

“It has been an exciting journey for Boeing to be involved in such an innovative project to improve passenger comfort,” said Jim Albaugh, President and CEO of Boeing Commercial Airplanes.

“The new international seat layout will be a game-changer and reinforces Air New Zealand’s status among the world’s elite airlines. We are honored that Air New Zealand chose the 777 as the platform for its newest cabin features and we look forward to supporting Air New Zealand when the new interior enters service later this year. On behalf of all of us at Boeing, congratulations to everyone at Air New Zealand for winning Airline of the Year.”

Boeing[/I]

I guess the difference here in regard to the Y product (current versus new), is that the floor space is currently unusable with the current seat. By folding the new seat's footrest up to the new horizontal position, the total area is usable between seats, whether this be for 1 or 3 pax.

The real improvement here is the new Y+ seat. This looks to be way ahead of any other y+ product.

Go Air NZ!