PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA License Not Approved In Iraq
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2010, 01:10
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
Cool

IRAQIFAICOn......

Sounds to me like you're a bit confused between licence issue and licence validation, because if your non-Iraqi licence is validated by the ICAA, then you don't NEED an ICAA-issued FCL.

However, you would need to already have the relevant type ratings on your existing FCL to fly an Iraqi-registered aircraft before the ICAA would validate your licence to fly an Iraqi-registered aircraft of the same type.

S.24 of ICAA Reg 20. includes information that all flight crew hold an APPLICABLE and VALID licence acceptable to the ICAA, and S.37 includes information that a person shall not act as a flight crew member in commercial operations unless he meets the requirements of Reg. 8 (Personnel Licensing).

ICAA Form CA-I-211 is the "Application for Validation of Flight Crew License" form, as listed on the ICAA website.

Refer to paperdragons post#6:

I have a couple of mates on FAA-certificates, flying Iraqi reg aircraft, guess you should try to ask the ICAA for a validation instead of conversion...
I think you might be a little 'confused' about the whole licensing business quite frankly and that you need to get a copy of ICAA Reg. 8.

PS. STOP SHOUTING!