PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU OPS/ LVTO 150 RVR requirements
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2010, 23:31
FE Hoppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not suggesting that at all.

I'm not sure that the stop end is always relevant though. This is the crux of the thread.

If I have an ASDR of 6000ft and a 9000ft runway the stop end is not relevant and therefore does not need to be 125m.

it's item E below.

4. Exceptions to paragraph (a)(3)(i) above:
(i) Subject to the approval of the Authority, and provided the requirements in paragraphs (A) to (E) below have been satisfied, an operator may reduce the take-off minima to 125 m RVR (Category A, B and C aeroplanes) or 150 m RVR (Category D aeroplanes) when:
(A) Low visibility procedures are in force;
(B) High intensity runway centreline lights spaced 15 m or less and high intensity edge lights spaced 60 m or less are in operation;
(C) Flight crew members have satisfactorily completed training in a flight simulator;
(D) A 90 m visual segment is available from the cockpit at the start of the take-off run; and
(E) The required RVR value has been achieved for all of the relevant RVR reporting points.

The question is:
Where can I find the definition of Relevant in this case?

For landing the definition of relevant is found in OPS 1.405 where it states:

The touch-down zone RVR is always controlling. If reported and relevant, the mid point and stop end RVR are also controlling. The minimum RVR value for the mid-point is 125 m or the RVR required for the touch-down zone if less, and 75 m for the stop-end. For aeroplanes equipped with a roll-out guidance or control system, the minimum RVR value for the mid-point is 75 m.

Note: “Relevant”, in this context, means that part of the runway used during the high speed phase of the landing down to a speed of approximately 60 knots.