PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 26th Jan 2010, 18:46
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am actually fuming! They certainly have done no favours whatsoever!! Do they actually think people will now start saying ''poor dears, those BA crew only get £20,000 as their basic salary for not even going to work. When they do go to work they get £14,000 in allowance on top of that now that is slave labour''. Worse thing is, where the heck did they get that figure from. Over 50% are now on the new contract (I think) and the max increment for that basic is a few thousand short of £20,000!!! I'm not sure on the old contract basic at LHR, but to say 75% of us are on £20,000 as our basic is ludicrous surely!?! The public know our allowances are around £10,000 - £16,000 on average (at LHR) so do your maths folks. Now the public will (still) be thinking we are all grossly overpaid idiots! Which as we know we are not (I am not disputing that at LHR we are paid more than other airlines on average, just I am saying that the figures given by the media and also by our very union that whinged about it, are grossly inaccurate!)

I actually am amazed that they have the cheek to mention LGW! Not to mention the confusion customers will have with regards to 75% of crew paid £20,00 basic plus allowances when LGW crew have to go on working tax credits! They haven't bothered to mention why there is the unfair inconsistency with LHR vs LGW earnings wise. It was the Unions fault really, if they truly cared about LGW then they would have put up more of a fight like they are doing now when it came to LGW fleeting/agreements changing!!

Anyway!