PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 26th Jan 2010, 18:36
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think my slight concern is that however battered BASSA become, there will always be a following and with that compulsory recognition by BA. Negotiating with BA with three organisations representing the workforce is going to be troublesome.
I did consider this Rover, but the difference is that one will be a group of people with a consensus, who may wish to engage (a glib word I admit, but appropriate) in conversation with their fellow employees et al; the other two are being led up the garden path by 70's style leftie trade unionists with a political agenda, and from what I can surmise there aren't an awful lot of the people involved that want to listen to this archaic twaddle any more.

And I consider myself so involved that, and I apologise for repeating myself, if BASSA call a strike I will pay for a ticket out of my own pocket to fly BA for the first time in years. I will do this to support the people, employees, customers and supporters, that want to drive this cancerous cult out of the airline and allow it to survive and thrive.

As cynical as I am, I do believe the tide has turned. Malone should start thinking about getting her green card, if she hasn't done it already.

Everyone that has participated in this and the previous thread, who seek change: I urge you to get on that Youtube comments section; email the reporters that publish the BASSA lies; find blogs where this is being discussed and, if nothing else, at least make BASSA members aware that there is an alternative.

I have had enough conversation with the "BA led" (NOT!) PCC founders to know that their heart is in the right place, and I genuinely feel they could do more for BA Cabin crew in the next 6 months with our support than Malone and her cronies have ever done for the majority of cabin crew.

"Somehow it seemed as though the farm had grown richer without making the animals themselves any richer— except, of course, for the pigs and the dogs."