PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2010, 17:33
MME4eva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes you got my name correct Wellington Bomber!!

What my point is, if I was using T3's service as opposed to the train, and the service kept getting cancelled, I would probably think perhaps the train is more reliable and less likely to be cut given the stop off at LBA as well.

I'm not sure a MME-LHR would work anyway due to the lack of interline connections through Heathrow.

The new DUB service, however, is fantastic news as due to the sensible size of aircraft, price structure lending itself to the business and leisure pax and the possibility to connect onto long haul.

I just hope this last point is emphasised in (hopefully) the forthcoming advertising. My only concern here though is will the flight times allow for connections onto long haul out of DUB?

What I like about the recent announcements is that DTV are not putting all their eggs in one basket (EI/RE, TOM, T3 and BE) and the routes should work.

Let's just hope the people of Teesside still know there is an airport and didn't skim read the recent press and think 'oh better fly from Leeds/Newcastle' just in case!!

P.S What do people think is the next step? Another route (apart from LHR) from T3? A small summer programme from TOM?