PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maximum age for cadet program Ryanair/Easyjet
Old 26th Jan 2010, 16:37
tom775257

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
checkxp, what nationality are you? Obviously your home country might help with the job hunt compared to, for example, English people who can only speak English.

Whether the industry is in a better position in 2 years is guess work at the moment, historically the industry runs on a ten year cycle, so if and when it picks up you can train at that time, if you have your PPL already and some hours under your belt, finishing the ATPL theory, CPL/ME/IR will not take long. Also, you will learn your multi engine instrument rating skills quickly, but alas you can also forget them quickly... It is important to try and get a job soon after your training finishes.

Concentrate on getting a good degree for now, worry about aviation later, you are very young and in no rush what so ever. You never know, if the upturn takes longer that you think, eg 4 years after you start working, you could perhaps organise a career break, get your training done, and go back to work whilst job hunting.

I've seen aviation destroy the lives of people, both financially and emotionally. I know people who have gone bankrupt personally, I know people who never passed their training, I know people who never found a job, ran out of money to keep up their flying skills to a good standard and have given up. I also know people who had very good flying skills, but not the other 'soft skills' required to be a multicrew pilot; therefore failing all airline interviews.

Good luck.