PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 26th Jan 2010, 15:21
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If only!

I can see what you guys are saying about changing BASSA from the inside. However you have more chance of winning the lottery than being able to do that me sadly thinks. I have heard stories of rational thinking reps being elected that had witch-hunts or were thrown out the union. I sadly fear that is what will happen if PCC were just to become reps for BASSA - Lala and co would just launch a campaign to throw them out!That is why I think PCC has been set up as a standalone group. Of course for it to gain any form of worthy power it will need a majority support from the crew community - however whilst there are many Yes voters, there are also very many No voters this time round and many who are not in the union or are undecided. When word gets round about PCC through the community I think alot of crew might be interested in supporting it.

I speak as a BASSA member but I actually feel sorry for CC89/Amicus members (whether you are still in CC89 or have left) as they seem to have had many great forward thinking and proactive ideas, were largely rational about things and seem rather solution based rather than all this power-struggle, scaremongering ''This is the end of our careers as we know it make no mistakes about it'' propaganda BASSA spin out at any given oppurtunity!

Anyway, they haven't got any voice anymore realy (CC89/Amicus) You can't deny that BASSA has the majority membership so has the loudest voice. Sad thing is BASSA doesn't actually take into account all of it's members views into account (from the most junior to the most senior, Main Crew to CSDs) instead focusing on those at the top especially the ones on LH. They don't fairly represent us members, they are in it for their own gain, however many BASSA members don't realise this as the BASSA propaganda machine actually does a lot of good in brainwashing people. Believe it or not but at the start of the talks I was nearly sucked in!

I thought when BASSA and CC89 merged we were supposed to ''Unite''?? I think BASSA would have benefited by taking onboard the attitude of CC89 in many areas. However that wasn't to happen obviously! Don't be daft!

Hopefully alot are seeing it for what it is now so that maybe a new form of representation will be able to have a voice this time. I personally wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of support for PCC which will allow them to have a voice, unlike CC89.