PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 26th Jan 2010, 12:27
Rover90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps joining BASSA is the way forward

In conclusion, I do wish the PCC well in whatever form they decide to take in moving forward.

As an intelligent and thinking group, is it perhaps counter-productive to leave BASSA and let them have a free run virtually unchallenged. If the PCC gets a power base, would it not be better to use that to field and support a candidate who is a BASSA member when the next casual vacancy comes up and is voted on at the BASSA local Branch meeting at the "Argy Bargee" or wherever they hold it. Moving on to the annual elections before December 31st 2010, you could field and support some more candidates and slowly build a power base within the BASSA camp.

The aim must be for more realistic and sensible representation in these diffucult times but that will never happen under the current BASSA regime. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that a stated aim should be to re-unite BASSA and CC89 back into one negotiating voice. Surely a possibility with a more moderate and reasonable BASSA leadership but lets say that is some way down the line but nonetheless a target.

Going it alone or go for the jugular and get in amongst the current BASSA hierachy. I know which one I would choose.

Last edited by Rover90; 26th Jan 2010 at 12:34. Reason: grammar