PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JSF and A400M at risk?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2010, 12:10
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here in northern Germany we see quite a bit about this program in the local papers because Airbus in general is an important employer. (I haven't bothered to figure it out but I guess the A400M figures into the local jobs picture in addition to the civil aircraft programs.)

If I am reading the tea leaves correctly then the program will continue without much regard to the end product's real capabilities, let alone when it will finally be available for use, just because it means jobs. Of course at the end of the day it will probably be seen that the real cost of each job was so high that it would be better to just end the A400M program, pay off the workers and send them into early retirement now, and then buy C-17s. Far too embarassing a solution for the partners in the program ever to adopt, that one.

The last article I read said that the Turks want their A400Ms for the fixed price with the promised capabilities. How odd! Do you suppose that they will get their money back from the other partners in the program so that it can continue?