PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - looking for A320 jobs
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2010, 11:50
Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well seams like a lot of people with bad experience, let me tell you my story!

I bought my type-rating with SFA in Brussels in the summer of 2007 along with 10 other pilots, ALL OF US where hired within 8-10 months by different companies. ALL OF US are still employed flying A320 / A321's... Me myself started in Onur Air in Turkey, then moved to Saudi Arabian Airlines for a short while and now I have been flying for Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia for almost a year...

I know a total of aprox 20 pilots on the A320 who all funded their own TR and all of them have been employed and are still flying... NONE of them bought any line-training...

it might be time for all you "unemployed" pilots to start applying directly to companies rather than sitting around here whining about being unemployed... Check out wikipedia for all airlines operating A320's and then call the HR departments and apply... dont just send an e-mail... let them know who you are!

If they require you to speak a language, go learn it... most often you can learn a language pretty fair in about 6 months... if you're not employed by that company anyway, at least you've got something more to put on your CV!

Most companies hire, its just a matter of time and place...