PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL timing advice needed.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2002, 11:10
spitfire747

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Cheers Guys and Gals, some very interesting and positive advice. I must point out about the distance learning option not being for me. Despite me being only 24 years young now, with a mind boggling job, no mortgage luckily to pay and no financial commitments, i do not have the ability to religiously study 3 hours every night and all day weekends by-myself, i need the help and support of others and tutors. I think this goes back to the days of school,college and uni, where term time was great but when revision time came for exams, all went t*ts up. Given that there will be the most important and time consuming aspect of achieving the fATPL, i want to get it right first time.
Everyone is differenet and everyone does something a different way but if it all leads to the same thing then it cannot be wrong.
Timing is crucial in virtually any career, maybe even more in the aviation industry, all figures given and future demands that have been projected, are all only guesses, no one knows what the future holds. My whole point was i know what i want and i want it yesterday, but it is not possible like that.
My thinking was given a pay increase, work for 6 months until January and i could maybe save enough to pay for the ATPL course in full, without needing a loan, but then again i am itching to spend 10 hours a day eating and sleeping what i love... .
Anyway i have to decide by the end of July.

Thanks all for your posts, good luck to everyone, it will be worth it when you make it, i know it.

Cheers, Spitty