PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax Comment - Help Please from Boeing Drivers
Old 26th Jan 2010, 08:59
one post only!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A guy told me that during training the training capt smashed it onto the runway with frightening force. On the taxi in the trg capt said what do you think experience tells me about the landing. The trainee tried his best to critique the technique etc and to come up with some valid points.

All good, the training capt replied but no, what experience teaches me is not to give a ****.

Sometimes no matter how hard you try you will balls it up. In fact the harder you try the worse it becomes! You are now probably trying so hard and getting stressed about trying to make a good landing at this particular runway that you are not performing at your best. Stress reduces capacity and all that. Try and relax a bit and you will start to roll it on. Stop caring so much and I bet they get better.

Don't worry if it doesn't happen over night.

P.S slightly disappointed the capt didn't defend you. All they had to say is that while firm it was a safe landing and that they felt it didn't warrant that sort of comment and could they please leave. That or piss off you trout!