PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways (in OZ) Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 26th Jan 2010, 05:35
sam_1979

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have worked for Tiger and can tell you that the grass is greener on the other side!!!!

I worked there for over a year and now work for Virgin Blue.

People that leave do not ask for there jobs back as I can tell you (despite previous comments if you are smart you will probably know it is written by one of the managers at Tiger).

Over the past few months many cabin crew have left, Crew that have been there since Tiger Australia first started up two years ago.

Why is this??? you make your own judgments!!!

Cabin crew do not clear $3800 a month you are lucky if you clear $3350 for the month.

Yes Tiger has got some great Crew, Yes it can be a great place to work, the crew make it a great place to work but don't be confused the company is horrible to work for.

The hours dont be mistaken you work on average 30 to 40 hours more per month than any other airline in Australia that's right ten hours more a week. If you haven't flown before this might not seem a lot but give it two months and you will be complaining.

Comment from previous post: Tiger do pay better than Team Jetstar

No way!!!!

If anyone is interested you can have a look at team jetstars EBA!!

Your wage at Tiger and Jetstar are about the same though you have to remember

Tiger : Crew meals not provided (Add the cost up of taking your own food with you each day)

Jetstar: Crew meals provided

Tiger: You have to pay for your ASIC (Airport Security Identification Card cost $200)

Jetstar: They pay for this

Tiger: Cost of car parking $70 per month

Jetstar: FREE

Tiger: Uniform provided though most of the time it is second hand and does not fit so you have to pay for it to get tailored. Add the costs up I had to pay for my jacket that was extra extra large and I am a small this cost $125 and this is not including the shirt and pants as they need to be tailored as well.

Jetstar: Uniform provided and tailoring paid for.

Tiger: Safety and Emergency Training manual not provided for free if you want to have a copy after training you have to get this printed your self cost at office works $30.

Tiger Airways: When you are due to renew your CPR and First Aid certificate you have to pay for this and do it in your own time.

Jetstar: First Aid and CPR renewal Paid for and you do this during work time.

Tiger: 10 hour breaks between duties

Jetstar: 12 hour break between duties

Tiger: you have to pay for your own cabin bag $100+

Jetstar: Free

Tiger: No enterprise agreement at the moment

Jetstar: has an agreement

Tiger: 160 + duty hours per month can be as much as 180

Jetstar: Average 120 duty hours per month can do up to 140.

Tiger: If you end up doing an overnight for some unexpected reason Do NOT expect to get any extra money if you are lucky if they might pay for your food.

My experience: stuck overnight from 1030pm until 330pm the next day not extra money and the only meal paid for was breakfast. Stay in 3 star motel.

Jetstar: I am not sure on the figure but I know that an overnight allowance is paid and they have to put you up in a min 4 stars.

Tiger: You enter into a bond agreement which is $3000, if you leave within a two year period you will have to pay the outstanding amount of the bond they will take this out of your last wage.

Jetstar: No bond

I am just giving you the facts you can make your own decision.

.......... and yes the list does go on and on with Tiger I wouldn't know where to stop.

the thing is Tiger know that there are thousands of people out there that want to be cabin crew and they exploit this that is why Tiger has started to hire inexperienced people as they know no better.

new people to the industry have never worked for another airline so they can't compare, this way Tiger has a better chance of retaining people.

All I can say is that I really do hope things do change as Tiger has some great people that work there and they do love what they do and the people they work with..

Most Crew just hate the company!!!