PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA help for a wannabe
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2010, 23:10
jono987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question DGCA help for a wannabe

Hey, guys.

I'm currently working on an FAA licence and do hope to get it converted in the future to an Indian. I fly pretty leisurely and like to take my time trying out every plane in the hangar (God damn, I love to fly). Now the catch is, a friend recently mentioned something on the lines of 'DGCA approved aircraft' in terms of training and converting from FAA to Indian. He said that for conversion purposes, the DGCA will only consider hours that I've put in on these DGCA approved/registered/whatever aircraft.

I've already tried Googling and looking around the DGCA's website and PPRuNe, but to no avail. In an ideal world, I would have just gone around flying every plane and still put in those 250 on a C-152/Duchess, but my empty pockets don't make this an ideal world, so I'm gonna have to spend thriftily.

So basically, what I mean to ask is, does the DGCA only recognize training done on particular aircraft? Is there a list of these birds somewhere on their cryptic website? ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks, guys.