PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions about Maastricht
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2010, 23:04
tsorin16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1.I am from Croatia. I presume I will have to go to take tests at Maastricht. The problem is travel cost. Salary in Croatia is small, average is like 700 Euros, so to pay for a plane ticket serveral times is a lot of money for a young student? My question is, does Eurocontrol help you with the cost (trip, housing...)?
Yes, Eurocontrol pays you back the price of the plane/train ticket. If you travel by car they will pay you the equivalent of a return 2nd class train ticket.
They also offer you 1 or 2 nights at the Tulip Inn hotel located at the airport.

2.On conditions of applications it says "have successfully completed secondary education at an advanced level (university entrance level)". I don't know much about school system outside Croatia, but does it mean finished undergraduate study or finished high school? I kow, stupid question.
You just need to have graduated highschool.

EDIT: Also it say "students who have tried selection procedure somewhere else and failed should refrain from applying". Here in Croatia the selection procedure undergoes 700+ students, and they take AT MOST 12. So if I fail in Croatia will it affect my Maastricht application?
Does the agency in Croatia use the FEAST test as a selection tool?