PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 25th Jan 2010, 22:57
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fonejacker (love that show!)

I'm BA crew at LHR and I agree with what you say, and so do many colleagues. You won't find too much backlash on this forum as there are alot of crew who are no-strikers and no voters who are fed up of the bullying from BASSA forums. Plus pilots, and public etc who are going to be indirectly affected by our dispute.

Am truly sorry for anyone made redundant and wish you and your colleagues good luck. Unfortunately many crew who follow the BASSA hardline are narrow minded and will just say ''well it is unfortunate but doesn't mean I should give up my T&Cs'' - very narrow minded but that is the mentality.

I don't know which airline at LHR you work for but 2 airlines obviously spring to mind I bet you guys are looking with amazement as you are used to conditions like New Fleet. I can understand people not wanting to be forced on New Fleet and new pay, but BA have said it is for future crew. Unfortunately the BASSA spin machine makes out we will all be forced onto it in the future and it will be awful etc... therefore panicking crew who then vote Yes. Then BASSA can continue it's power struggle. Like BASSA says that because there will be a single supervisor on eurofleet that that means no future promotions ever. As if they know and have a cystal ball!

Again good luck to yourself and your colleagues. Hope that somehow their is a solution. If not hope you and your colleagues can get through it, never know may see you at BA when/if they start recruiting.

Yes voters, please just spare a thought first of all to these crew (Virgin/BMI, facing redundancies aswell as airlines like flyglobespan etc etc who have gone bust) GET REAL before it is too late!! Please! This is not any old time to strike this is a question of get real accept changes and Unite - get looking at how you can come to an agreement with BAs proposal OR face losing our jobs! WAKE UP!