PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2010, 22:19
viscount702

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
23R ILS

This seems to sum up many of MAN's problems at the moment.

It is noted that the MAG website is no longer showing some if not all of the airfield improvements which were due to start.

Has the work on Taxiway Delta finished. It was due to be at the end of last year.If so when will Lima reopen and stands 12 etc.

What has happened to the rebuilding of Taxiway Alpha near the AVP. It was due to start the end of last year. Presumably shelved. Reference is made to an overlay but no information. More patching up.

The airfield needs a lot of working doing on it. Much is announced and then dropped.

As has been mentioned elsewhere how MAN is supposed to handle an A380 I really don't know. I think it would be mad to do so as things stand but if it can't and EK want to send one here later this year I can't see EK being that impressed with the set up.

Finally back to the ILS 05L is due to be replaced when 23R is back to CAT III whenever that maybe. However nothing definate has been said about 05R getting CAT III. -- Is this in the pipeline. Further if Runway 1 is to be resurfaced (although the start date for that seems to have been put back from the beginning of this year to the end- if it happens) 23L really should have at least CAT I.

Runway 2 really is only half a runway at best.