PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 25th Jan 2010, 21:56
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh yes Winstonsmith, I forgot Unite are not being realistic. Oh I missed that proposal of the specfic flight suggestion as I only had a quick look. I can't believe they are serious that if some flights were to operate crew down they would cancel another flight to get onen flight a full crew complement. That must have been a joke surely?? Of course flights are canx if the legal minimum cannot be fulfilled for safety reasons but the extra complement is just to make the service more efficient. If the flight was crew down yes service may not be as quick but as long as safety was fulfilled and it is a one off then customers would prefer that than be disrupted.

You are right winstonsmith on your last point. I have even flown with crew who deny the recession. Also as reports say we 'are coming out of recession' they actually believe we don't need to make any savings whatsoever as we will return to profit next week! As they said in an ITD that I have done, even if the flight is full there is a lower percentage of pax paying full fare and alot of pax are travelling on special promotions and offers and on discounted fares so it is still less revenue coming in. Obviously it is good that many more flight are getting busier again but it certainly doesn't mean we are already profitable.

My belief is if this can be sorted, BA will survive (I hope anyway) as I think they are a strong airline etc. But a strike could do terrible damage and that's what us crew need to take on board when the ballot arrives. I have taken it onboard. So have many of us on here and many crew I have chatted to. Some crew, sadly still believe it is a ''message'' to WW, which is what the union misleads the naive to believe. However they have already entered talks the last few weeks. OK they both can't reach agreement again but don't Unite members think that is because Unite are so unwilling to change. Like BF has said in his latest letter and email, it is a vote to strike. Mind you, some (a minority) are willing to strike until the airlines shuts, this is a a very vocal minority as most crew even many Yes voters disagree with this way of thinking but the most militant that drive BASSA is what we are up against!

This is my own personal viewpoint and my own opinions and are not the opinions of my employer BA