PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 25th Jan 2010, 21:24
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The proposals that BA and Unite have put forward recently are not all that much different to what they both proposed last June/July.

BAs proposal in the summer was largely like their ''approach 2 Flexifleet'' proposal they have now.

Some of them were;
-No basic or variable increase for 2 years (if you have a basic pay of less then £14,500 you still get increment rises)
-Fixed monthly travel payment based on the average of NON-MEAL allowances for both fleets (so box payments, long day, overtime, CAT, early report etc) We would still have the same meal payments as now.
-All new recruits would join Eurofleet, Worldwide at LHR or LGWSF, so same as now, there would be no new fleet however we would have to make changes
-New crew complements very much like what was imposed in November. No one down payments
-Operational flexibility for all rosters (the only one area I really had major hang ups on and still do)
-No double nights off on WW
-1 day off less on EF
-on working days up to 5, crew can work 'til 2200 before day off instead of the current 2100 for up to 4, 2000 for 5,6,7 day blocks
-single supervisor and crew complements like they have now

All future crew, transfers, part-time offers and future promotions would be on a new contract with new pay and conditions but would join on current fleets.

BASSA/Unite proposal;
-proposed a deal mirroring the pilot’s deal exactly with a 2.61% reduction in incremental pay. With an equivalent agreed share scheme to reward crew for this contribution in 2011 and 2012
-New disruption agreement
-Middle East back to backs launched (how that would save money I don't know???)
-Purser-Main crew swap on 767,777,747 aircraft. on longhaul ''premium purser'' will be introduced. So the PSR would be in charge of both premium cabins, would work in just one, with main crew working in the other one.
-Single supervisor on shorthaul (oh dear - many crew have gone in a tizz and are angry at BA for this, but it was Unite who proposed it on the 767!)
-EF to operate all 767 flights including longhaul 767s
-Finish time on EF to change to 2200
-Purser-Main crew swap at LGW (they have already given up alot but here BASSA are just letting LGW have 1 less PSR again than LHR, but LHR crew whinge that they are hard done by after the impositions with 1 PSR more than LGW still!)

That's what I remember. Anyone remember anymore post it here!

(DISCLAIMER The above post represents my own personal viewpoint and opinions and in no way the opinions of BA my employer)