PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL theory- how long does it take?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2002, 09:20
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi sally!

How strange - I've just posted on another thread, wondering if you and Spitfire had thought about distance learning! Obviously you have...

I'm about 1/2 way through the distance learning at Bristol - first set of exams in August, and only a couple more progress tests to do before then. I started at the beginning of March, so by the time I've done the exams in August it will have taken me a little over 5 months for 1/2 the course. Then, I figure a short break before starting the next half of the course, and I should complete the entire course in 12 months.

As for how many hours I've spent, it's difficult to say. Generally, I work at weekends - ideally I'll do around 12-14 hours work spread between Saturday and Sunday. I also do a few hours work during the week, after I get back from the office. But some subjects have been particularly tricky, and I've taken my notes everywhere with me - I've studied in my lunchbreak, on the train, and even at work when I've had a few spare minutes! Then there have been weeks when I've had other plans at the weekend that have meant I've only been able to study one day instead of two, or sometimes not at all. So I can't really give you an exact number of hours - sorry.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

FFF
-------------