PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Three more airbases to close?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2010, 20:51
RumPunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well for my pennies worth, It costs millions to relocate aircraft,people, etc to alternate stations I am sure we will all agree. The MRA4 set up is in place already at Kinloss, the next month will finalise that and everything is in place nearly (i say nearly loosely) to operate. If you were to move to Waddington, I am correct in thinking you would need to build new facilities hard standings , move personel and im sure thousands of other obstacles that need to be overcome. Its not an overnight operation but it would not be cheap. Having to return land back to its original glory , closing another famous base wont go so peacefully.

Where do they get the tens of millions do do this. Im sure the last Defence review it said it costs more to close a station than keep it open. Kinloss has a huge Nato paid for parking facility that im sure under agreement has to be kept ? it just does not make sense but yet again its down to people who think they know it all and scare monger.

Saying that its no hiding the fact that Morayshire is an SNP throne and what the hell favours would a Tory government give back.