PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON -3
Thread: MANSTON -3
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2010, 20:29
Twitcher

Location: EGMH..a down, not yet out, formerly awesome airfield
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CEO leaves Manston

The chief executive of Manston’s Kent International Airport is leaving his role.

After three years, New Zealander Matt Clarke has decided to return home in March, but he is staying with the Infratil group, which owns the airport.

He said: “I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in the UK and particularly my work at KIA.

“The airport has a very committed team of skilled people and it has been a privilege to work with them to provide services to such a wide range of aviation-users.

“From 747s to single-seaters, fighter jets and Spitfires, you see the full array of aircraft types here and I’ll miss that variety.

“It’s the right time for us to head home, though, with our second child due in May and we are looking forward to getting back to New Zealand to spend more time with our family.”

Mr Clarke is to be replaced by Tom Wilson, the chief executive of Infratil Airports Europe, for an interim period.

He will take over management responsibilities at Manston while a permanent replacement is sought.

Mr Wilson said: “Matt has done an excellent job at Manston, working with the Kent-based team to develop the services we offer to our customers and preparing the airport for the exciting growth ahead.

“The airport is in great shape, showing consistent and impressive growth in cargo throughput and with the future for the rest of the business clearly laid out in the Airport Master Plan.

“We wish Matt all the best for his return to New Zealand as he transfers to another more senior role within the Infratil Group.

“We are anticipating further growth in our passenger and cargo business at KIA in 2010 and we will continue to work with the local community to ensure that the airport develops in line with the needs of Thanet and Kent.”