PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish Air Traffic Controllers to be suspended
Old 25th Jan 2010, 18:34
Sober Lark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Cows, and no worries the Shue, can't see the point if one always assumes a poster is either management or the media (which I'm not I may add).

BTW no one should post anything on Facebook. It is there forever and once published isn't even your property and you have no rights to it.

In reality your unions are a PR disaster. It is surprising that Mr. Landers seems to be so ill prepared and incapable of addressing basic public concerns. Is this the best your union subs can buy? Others in the industry are probably quietly rubbing their hands with glee at his inaptitude in winning public favour. But perhaps you don't have a case to defend? In which case you are correct to maintain silence and remain ever so slightly paranoid.

However, you need to realise the result of this is that public perception of ATCO's so-called grievance is going south. If your working conditions were poor, if you were being asked to do more work I could support you but in this current economic climate I haven't read or heard a shred of evidence that would permit me spare you even a morceau of sympathy.

When one is held to ransom in the way you did last Wed you don't tend to accept union tough talk or diversions that try to place the blame elsewhere. The persons who missed a funeral, the persons who missed their holiday their business deal their job interview don't buy it.

You said you were not comfortable with the effects your actions had on the public yet you'd like to think it will blow over and that we with the passing of time will somehow gradually feel comfortable with your 'strike it rich' walk out. How can you get what you want and expect a door to be left open to you to execute the same con at a future date of your choosing again and again and again. Surely this option wasn't one of the attractions when you signed up to the job? Something has to be done in Ireland and I think in the EU as a whole to make strikes like that unlawful.

I don't believe in tarring everyone with the same brush I fully appreciate not everyone in ATCO who is a member of a union supports the actions taken they may not approve but they are members and must follow. There are a few bad apples in every tower.

The key issues to your crisis still exists regardless of our discussions here. Lets hope the assemblage this week results in some compromise in outlawing striking in essential services.

Why are you not disputing anything the media have written about you. You could use Pprune to help us understand or demand Mr. Landers to gives you a little more PR value for the price of your subs.

In the meantime let us wait and see