PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 25th Jan 2010, 17:23
Two-Tone-Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith
According to a few other crew members overheard today discussing UNITE's propsal today they thought:
- It's more than what BA deserves.
- UNITE is far too generous.
- WW can **** off.
- We're running out of patience.
- The postman can wait at the door because I will be sending back my ballot paper with a big fat YES.
No real problems with that, are there? Nothing a P45 won't solve.

I'll play hard-ball for a moment ... If these people really think that pi55ing off their employer, and all their customers, is really going to solve their 'perceived' problems then they really need to go and work in a different Industry.

The lights are on at Waterside, and as someone [BASA or Unite?] noted earlier the wicked BA are employing professionals to prevent this disaster for the Company.

The end product can only be [sadly] a LOT of people losing their jobs [for no good reason]. There will certainly be a period of turbulence, but when the dust settles some BA CC will be employed, and some won't.
It's the WRONG battle to start a War. Simples.

If anyone thinks that Mr Walsh hasn't seen this coming, and prepared contingency plans, they are seriously failing to understand the problem. BA has to change to survive; the militant CC are a minor part of the overall equation, and will be discarded if necessary. All other parts of BA seem to have understood this.

Again, good luck to those supporting BA.