PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Malta A320-200 / Ryanair 737-800
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2010, 17:01
Curious2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@purplehelmet - I flew out here w/ Air Malta (overall, very good). I've done this trip a number of times on Ryanair, Easyjet & Air Malta. I seem to experience the worst turbulence w/ Air Malta - probably just coincidence, however this is forming multiple unhelpful neural connections between the two! I've done a great deal of short & long haul flights, however my fear started with a particularly turbulent Air Malta flight (probably only light to moderate but it felt like more...). Air Malta is more convenient all round, so I've booked that.

@L4key - I do watch the F/As however I also know they are trained to appear calm at all times so it doesn't help me much

@Icare9 - I fully believe & appreciate the statistics, however it is the situation itself which is difficult psychologically - absolutely no control over the situation, no means of escape, the sense of vulnerability, vivid imagination etc. It's last on my list of the ways I'd want my life to end! My fear hasn't stopped me from flying, but I think it's fair enough to want to know about pilot experience/training etc, especially in this fierce cost-cutting climate.

@Cloud Bunny - thanks so much for the v. kind offer - I will do.

@everyone else who has responded helpfully - thanks & much appreciated.

@those pi$$ takers, I hope you at least got a kick out it! :-P