PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biz Jet employment contracts
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2010, 16:50
protogenio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yo-Yo

It is a tragedy but also part of our life cycle of Boom and Bust/Yin and Yang that we yo-yo between clawing back terms and conditions on the wave of good times,only then to be kicked in the back and robbed during riskier times.
I guess its the way of this industry,I have seen several recession's in my aviation career and this yo-yo-ing of T & Cs still gives me a headache.
If there is such a collection of dismay amongst the pilots its thier responsibilty to refuse these poor contracts if thier circumstances dictate and force the hand of thier employer to raise the bar,allowing the not so fortunate at the bottom of the ladder to have half a chance to have the bare minimum and at least a transparent structured agreement.
I think the 'Transparency' of contracts is the most irksome issue I have,its nice to know in black and white,what you can or cannot have,full stop,whether your in Ireland/China/India or Timbuktu !
Pilots have to stop themselves occasionally from the selfish act of taking without a concscience and be mindful of the reverberations within the industry of accepting utter tosh contracts written with magic ink !!