PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 25th Jan 2010, 16:18
teddybear44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Golden Ticket,

Thanks for the critique. For background, I have been involved in the aviation industry for the best part of 3 decades. I am only tempted to post when I observe something that I perceive to be wholly inaccurate, unfair or in some other way warranting a response. I ventured one on this occasion, I stick by it and I certainly don't see it as 'daft'. I perceived the statement by 'crewboy' to have scant regard for his colleagues elsewhere, who are no doubt pedalling like mad, especially during disruptions and unsupported in his posting by any factual statistics or indicative information i.e. a sweeping statement (including the words 'by far'). Asfar as lateness is concerned there are many forms of employment where the consequences of lateness are significant. For the individual, wages can be docked and repeat incidences can be a matter for disciplinaries. This is not unique to your own walk of life. We all have to live with these potential sanctions. In a wider sense, lateness causing cancellation of events such as meetings where decisions need to be taken impact on the business. It is not just about the individual. I do not see anthing special in an indivdual being able to report in a timely fashion for his / her task, whatever that might be. It seems you are focusing on the potential inconvenience to yourself, if you are late, in terms of having to be re-rostered and also sanctions which exist for employees, almost everywhere else, in the manner you have described.
Hope this clarifies, Regards, Ted

Last edited by teddybear44; 25th Jan 2010 at 18:09.