PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 25th Jan 2010, 16:12
Two-Tone-Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ ExecClubPax ... a very reasonable, comprehensive and calm summation of the passengers' viewpoint, for which I thank you.

I know [and have been reminded firmly on a couple of occasions] that this Forum is for Cabin Crew. However, it is still a public Forum, and injections of reality from the millions of BA pax are, in my view, a significant part of the debate.

I regard myself fortunate that I have never had to work in a unionised envirnment. I can understand that BA staff regard their personal T&C as significant issues. However, I cannot comprehend the mental processes that lead to a causus bellum which could drive their employer out of business. I sincerely hope that common-sense and self-preservation eventually prevail.

I remain firmly in the ABBA corner until I, like you, have a reasonable certainty that my pre-booked flight [at some £2,000 per sector] will happen as advertised. My main regret is that I pre-booked my next flights before this "dispute" became general knowledge.