PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2010, 13:15
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way this job got like it is was by applying pressure for the improvements and resisting, as much as possible, some of the unpleasant moves.

Let's keep that pressure up, shall we!
I have always expressed my gratitude to you Ishi and to all other trailblazers that actually did the ground work for this contract to become what it is today because I realize that it wasn't this at the beginning and you where one that actually flew and actually worked to get rid off those fatigue plagued pairings, I do believe however that the JAL factor will insert influence that we haven't seen before in this contract not because JAL hasn't been in trouble before but because of the nature of the restructuring. My point is that we are not entitled to employment in Japan and our employment has been and always will be considered based on staffing numbers and only on staffing numbers, if it comes a point that they will be sufficiently staffed with nationals, there won't be a justification for our employment and time served or personal relationships, likability factors won't be the factors that they will use to make their decision about our continued employment, I'm sure that the ANK group also inserted pressure to have their pairings improved and I'm sure that they had influential individuals that have management's ear such as yourself within their pilot group but regardless their contracts will be cancelled non withstanding the pressure that they where able to insert. I don't expect that this will happen but it is a reality that all of us that work here, senior or not should understand and be ready for