PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving from Europe to the US. Still possible?
Old 25th Jan 2010, 11:57
USav8or

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't check this forum very often...

...That may be... but then again maybe they decided that she could survive that period without excessive deterioration.... I don't know much about Scandinavia...
No it's strictly first come first serve. ...oh and if you're "older" as in not working a younger (more productive) person might bypass you.

...did she survive OK ? I hope so...
Yes and thank you. My sister and my aunt are both nurses - connections helped to "speed up" the process.

...I'm amazed at the resistance to adoption of a health insurance overhaul ... people here are like turkeys screeching in support of Christmas... So far the Health Insurance industry has spent close to 100 million dollars in advertising to resist a health industry overhaul... they don't do that unless there's much more than that in it for them...
I'm not surprised at all, I'm proud of it. Overhaul is not what is currently happening. We shouldn't be turning into Pelosistan but we are...

...Part of the problem here is that people are living under two misconceptions..
1. That America is the best country in the world.
2. That if it is American it must be the best in the world.
Laughably... the high cost health plans are referred to as 'Cadillac Plans'... nobody here sees the irony... Cadillac = Overpriced, pooly engineered, all flash and chrome with no inner substance...

Lot's of rhetoric for sure but it comes from both sides. Overall I think we have it pretty good and simply need to improve our system. Pelosi/Reid/Obama plan is NOT what we need.

...Michael Moores 'Sicko' should be compulsory viewing for every American...
Disagree. Anyone who has watched that Pravda propaganda movie should be sent to Cuba each time they get sick.

Also, Michael Moore and Al Gore should be barred from eating food for at least 3 months to save our earth from global warming.

Just my 1/2 penny which equals 1/4 Obama centavos.

PS. I'm not an Obama hater, I respect him and enjoy his speeches. However my initial belief that he'd be a centrist President has been shattered into tiny, almost invisible pieces.

So let's agree to disagree.

Last edited by USav8or; 25th Jan 2010 at 13:58.