PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 25th Jan 2010, 10:35
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of airlines are fading out FIRST in favour of J.. we won't be far behind.
Where have you heard that waffle?

Putting my business head on, if I have reduced capacity across my fleets to weather the storm. Then I have capacity in both First and Business class that is available, fitted and ready, at that point my competitors start removing First (not that I have heard but hey ho.)? Would I remove a product that is declining in availability?

Not a hope. I would be enticing those who can afford and enjoy flying First to my airline if other airlines don't offer that service.

Think from an opportunities viewpoint not from a workers viewpoint. There are many passengers who either travel in First because they can or aspire to it. To remove it would be sheer folly again!

A classic sign of our 'dreadful' CEO ruining the company are the London City flights. Many shouted that to start up this service in the middle of a recession was lunacy. It is now proving to be one of the most popular services to NYC with load factors close to 100%. Innovate to stay alive.