PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 25th Jan 2010, 09:43
BAcrewboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning guys and girls

Having read the posts that have been submitted since my last addition, I feel I just need to repeat a few things here.

Firstly, I have never said that BA crew are better than any others - that is, however, a line used by the company very often. And i must say that I think that our recruitment team do a brillian job in ensuring that they chosoe the very best people for the job.

Whoever it was who said something along the lines of "if you don't like it, there is always the OU" - I take offence here. As I am sure many of our regular travellers are aware, BA crew are not there simply because they can do nothing other than push a trolley - there are many highly qualified people in our ranks - I, for one, have a First Class Honours from Bristol University in Philosophy and Economis. I have flown with doctors, lawyers, and many other highly skilled people. We do the job because we want to and because we enjoy it - not because we are incapable of doing anything else.

The point about sick pay and holiday pay - I admit that my post was perhaps a little misleading, however, the fact remains that I can never afford to take more than 2 days of leave a month because my basic, after tax is just shy of £800.

Reliability - I didn't mean to upset anyone, but as someone has already mentionned - we can't stroll in late and carry on as if nothing happened.

As for my pay and allowances - please please don't believe what is published in the press - I DO NOT earn anywhere near £25,000 p/a!

Please be reminded, that I am a 'no' voter - I do not support the strike in any way - and I have already spoken to my manager to volunteer to help in the terminals when I am not flying - but I will not let this turn into an all-out attack on the terms and conditions of a mostly loyal and hard-working workforce.