PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 25th Jan 2010, 09:20
midman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sounds like the cardiac surgeon who was in attendance was giving the correct advice to stop after 20 mins, but no, the cabin crew knew better and the consequences are there to be seen.
If cabin crew are so keen to discuss their successes, they should be careful that no-one questions their performance in SEP training exercises where most pilots see regular horror stories when they are involved. Would the press want to known that Bassa forbid any repeating of emergency scenarios when cabin crew get it wrong? That people who get claustrophobic in a smoke hood get away without repeatng the exercise after failing to put it on?Pilots have such tight tolerances and have to repeat or retrain any deviation from the correct performance standard that this lack of rigour comes as a shock to us.

It's not as if such low standards are confined to training, I've seen actual CPR messed up by a panic stricken csd, who had to be sent away to the galley by me.
I then saw him a year later in sep saying he only wanted to take part in the scenarios as a main crew member as 'it is so long since I've done that'.

I tries to advise the trainers but they said there's nothing they could do.

Once you start introducing the safety angle, you're treading a dangrous path.