PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax Comment - Help Please from Boeing Drivers
Old 25th Jan 2010, 09:02
Mrs-rodge-bless-her

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"6000PIC Forgive me in advance for speaking the obvious , but your preoccupation with your inability to land an aircraft properly speaks volumes about your overall lack of experience , and your job has everything to do with your employer allowing you to gain that experience at the expense of numerous hard landings. To rephrase an old saying , "they get what you pay for". Don`t use the Boeing phrase firm landing to justify your inexperience. I`d be rather unhappy also , knowing as a passenger your overall experience operating any aircraft let alone a jet with fare paying passengers amounted to so little. What pray tell would happen someday your babysitter in the LH seat had an incapacitation event ? What a sorry state this industry is in."

Listen 6000PIC, what ever chip you have on your shoulder about low hours guys/gals getting into the RH seat you may drop it. It doesnt wash with me, in fact your whole post smells of "Ive got a big chip on my shoulder, because I had to wait to get a RH seat"... I have come across people like you in the past and do you know what, thats just life! Get over it.

Yes I have low hours, and yes I am inexperienced, but I have passed all my line checks and sim checks first time with high scores. I trained in one of the best flight schools in Europe and passed everything first time, and the biggest point to note... The civil aviation authority has licenced me to fly the ac!!!

Also, I dont need a baby sitter as you so eloquently put it! If this is your view on your job as capt, you may retire now, as it sounds like you need a refresher on crm!

Everyone else, thank you so much for the kind comments and advice, back to the driving this weekend. All good with no probs! It was just her comment that really stuck to the core of me.

Regards,
Mrs Rodge.